Call: AEJMC 2025 Conference Logo Design Competition
Student logo design entries are being accepted for the official 2025 AEJMC Conference in San Francisco, California.
The winning student will receive $250 and their logo will appear on various conference and promotional materials.
The deadline for submitting entries is Friday, April 5, 2024.
A logo entered in the contest should represent the diversity of AEJMC and visually suggest “San Francisco.” The logo should communicate the conference date and location (AEJMC, August 2025, San Francisco” and be legible when scaled for various uses in both print and digital products.
The logo design entries must be designed as solid black on a white background. After a winning logo is selected, AEJMC reserves the right to add color later to the winning logo.
A logo entered in this competition must:
- Include the following typographic elements: AEJMC; August 2025; San Francisco (no other typographic elements can be added to the logo entries for this contest).
- Include AEJMC as an integral part of the logo.
- Be legible and effective when scaled for different executions, i.e., program book cover, nametags, promotional material, social media, screens and print.
- Retain a sense of balance and internal integrity when typographical elements are removed.
- Reflect the diversity of interests within AEJMC.
- Be reproducible in solid tones using one color (black). No tints, no blends, no gradations are allowed.
- NOT INCLUDE COPYRIGHTED ARTWORK. This means no clip art. All elements must be student creations.
- For a logo entry to be eligible, entrants are required to submit each logo as both an EPS file and a PNG file.
- The PNG version of the logo must be identical to the EPS version in terms of content, design, dimensions, proportion, etc.
- The EPS file format is required because it is a vector-based format that provides better reproduction, scalability, and other production considerations. The EPS version must have all type converted to outlines.
- The file names must bear the last name and first initial of the entrant (for example: smith-d.eps and smithd. png). If a student has more than one logo entry, add a sequence number after the first initial (smithd2.png)
- Entries must be the work of students enrolled in classes taught by AEJMC members.
- Each school may enter a maximum of 10 logos per design instructor who are AEJMC members.
- The logo entries must be submitted by a faculty sponsor for this AEJMC logo contest. (Do not have students submit logos directly to the competition chair.)
- Faculty sponsors must also include a Word doc with their name and full contact information at the top of the page and include the following student information for each logo entry: student’s logo file name, student’s full name, student’s email address, phone number, and mailing address. (Contact the logo chair if you would prefer to have an entry form template.)
The logo chair may request the winning designer to make minor changes for legibility purposes.
DEADLINE: Entries must be successfully submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. ET, Friday, April 5, 2024.
Faculty sponsors, please send logo entries to AEJMC 2025 Logo Competition Chair Tara Mortensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “AEJMC 2025 Logo Competition Entry.”
Winners will be notified in May 2024 after the judging has been completed.
Questions? Contact Tara Mortensen if you have questions or need further clarification about this competition.
Tara Mortensen, ( email@example.com ) Associate Professor, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, University of South Carolina.